Weapon VIOLENCE IN THE U.S.
Perusing Exercise in English for Intermediate and Upper-Intermediate Levels. Peruse the accompanying text, learn new jargon and answer the inquiries underneath:
“Each year, there are in excess of 10,000 weapon related passings in the United States. Among created nations, it is by a long shot the country with the most noteworthy normal of murders because of guns. Slaughters and shootings 45-70 ammo for sale to occur there consistently. Nobody has failed to remember the twenty youngsters who were killed by Adam Lanza at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012.
However, regardless of these misfortunes, nothing is being finished to change the firearm regulations in America. Why? Primarily for two reasons: 1) the weapon business and firearm affiliations, for example, the NRA are extremely strong, and 2) firearms are a significant piece of the nation’s personality. For sure, in the eighteenth 100 years, when the U.S. country was made, Americans lived in a wild land brimming with foes and risks. Weapons, for example, firearms were fundamental for insurance and endurance. To this end the option to keep and bear guns turned out to be important for the U.S. Constitution.
That’s what the issue is, today, the possibility that Americans need weapons to safeguard themselves is ludicrous. This is the 21st 100 years and the U.S. should be a humanized country which comprehends that the expansion of weapons causes more wrongdoing and frailty, not less. This measurable truth has been demonstrated again and again in other created nations where severe firearm regulations are set up.
In this way, to take care of the issue of weapon savagery in America, there can be just a single arrangement: less firearms. 300 ten million guns are at present available for use in the U.S. That number should go down quickly, yet how? The two most critical measures are 1) to boycott attack weapons with high-limit magazines, and 2) to present widespread record verifications to ensure that hoodlums and intellectually crazy individuals can’t buy firearms any longer.”
KEY VOCABULARY TO UNDERSTAND THE READING EXERCISE:
NRA: National Rifle Association.
Rifle: sort of firearm.
Constitution: the crucial standards of a country.
To boycott: to make unlawful.
Attack weapons: self loading guns with high-limit magazines.
Magazine: a separable repository on a firearm containing the projectiles.
All inclusive historical verifications: confirming lawbreaker and emotional well-being records prior to offering firearms to an individual.
1. What was one of the last enormous shooting misfortunes in American history?
2. How might Americans ensure that lawbreakers and insane individuals don’t gain admittance to weapons?
3. For what reason did the option to keep and bear firearms become piece of the U.S. Constitution?
4. What number of Americans kick the bucket from guns consistently?
5. What is it that Americans need to grasp in the 21st 100 years assuming they are to be viewed as a socialized country?
6. Why are weapon regulations not changed in America?
7. What is the answer for weapon brutality in America?
8. What is the name of the most grounded firearm freedoms relationship in America?
9. What are the two initial steps that ought to be taken to make weapon savagery in America diminish?
1. Sandy Hook Elementary School.
2. By presenting widespread record verifications.
3. Since around then, weapons were fundamental for the assurance and endurance of Americans.
4. More than 10,000.
5. That more firearms increment wrongdoing and weakness.
6. Since the weapon business and firearm affiliations are excessively strong, and on the grounds that firearms are a significant piece of the U.S. character.
7. To bring down how much firearms in the country.
8. The National Rifle Association.